Monday, February 18, 2013

VERONICA ROTH ROCKS!!!!

Well, we started the year off with a bang.  Thank you to Jenny for introducing us to the Veronica Roth "Divergent" series.  Excellent choice.  And thank you to Daisy for continuing the theme for February by choosing "Insurgent".

Book one was great.  Very exciting and thought provoking.  When I was 16, my biggest decision was what I was wearing to school tomorrow...and I didn't take that very seriously.  But in the world created by Veronica Roth, a 16 year old girl must make a choice that will change the rest of her life.  She has five options.  Each of them promising and loathsome in their own ways, but if she chooses differently from the rest of her family, she may never see them again...

Outstanding.  I loved it.  When a meeting of the minds came together (Book Ends), it received the equivalent of 6 out of 7 stars.  That last star is hard to get!!  LOL  The keeper of it is VERY particular.  Nonetheless, overall this was a great book and I can't wait to discuss the 2nd book!!

No comments:

Post a Comment