Sunday, March 4, 2012

May the Odds Be Ever in Your Favor

Well, I wish I knew how to upload music to this stinkin' blog. I downloaded "Safe and Sound". This is the theme song to the upcoming Hunger Games movie. Taylor Swift who I can't say I love, but definitely respect and the Civil Wars, whom I can say I love, collaborated on this song. The video is BORING. It doesn't have any footage from the movie, just TS and the CW in a cabin in some remote seemingly deserted place. I guess the video is trying to make you feel one, that they are alone, perhaps after District 12 is demolished and two, that even after it's all over, there is nothing left to go home to. At least, that's what I got from it. However, I was just waiting for snippits of the movie during the whole dang thing and perhaps the feeling of desolation was one I projected myself.

Anyway, it's almost movie time!!! We will be meeting at Kristy's on the 16th, I think, and then the following weekend is the movie. We can discuss arrangements at the meeting. So, how are you feeling thus far? For those of us who are re-reading the trilogy, are you finding things you missed the first time around? For the newbies, have you been emotionally impacted in a way that you possibly can't put into words?


I have a friend at work that borrowed The Hunger Games upon my suggestion. She loved the Twilight series that I twisted her arm into reading and assumed that I would be right on this trilogy. Of course I was. ;+) I don't see her everyday, but when I do, she is overwhelmed with the roller coaster of emotion that the book is taking her on. The last time we spoke, she was near the end of Mockingjay. I can't wait to hear her reaction to the final book. As well as all of yours!!!


See you soon!!!




1 comment:

  1. Yes...I am emotionally impacted about Finnick! Can't wait to meet about it...Really can't wait for the MOVIE! BTW...I'm totally loving the Cival Wars and agree that the video lacked but the song is good even though TS sings it. I can see that song being the track for when Katniss & Peeta are in the cave...touching!

    ReplyDelete